Certified Data Centre Sustainability Professional (CDCSP®)
Create a sustainability strategy and business implementation plan for transformation towards a credible sustainability lifecycle, that demonstrates innovation and challenges business ethos whilst being sensitive to business risk and continuity.
Increased awareness of the urgency to implement and maintain a sustainable future coupled with evolving legislation means that data centre operators are under great pressure to embrace sustainability strategies and improve their ‘green’ credentials rapidly and be able to evidence improvement to stakeholders.
The exciting and comprehensive Certified Data Centre Sustainability Professional (CDCSP®) program is designed to provide in-depth knowledge into the steps required to evaluate, analyse, plan, implement and monitor a sustainability strategy balanced with operational capability for data centre facilities.
Achieving sustainability is evaluated from all angles with the overarching requirement to ensure the data centre critical facility continues to meet the needs of the business. The importance of implementing the correct strategic vision and business drivers required to establish a well-balanced and structured approach towards sustainability is explored. From initial business case and operational analysis of power distribution, cooling systems and IT hardware, and potential operational risk, to design innovation and implementing initiatives whilst appreciating both the business and operational challenges that may occur during this process. Maintenance strategies, continuous planning cycles and critical analysis against identified targets are also explored, in addition to the need to demonstrate proven ROI as well as identifying and capitalising on the business, customer, social and environmental benefits.
A certified CDCSP® also considers the requirements for compliance, having a full understanding of national and international regulations, codes and standards. During the program, learners will be provided a valuable opportunity to access the latest industry standards.
Following this program, you are encouraged to continue your professional development by advancing your knowledge and skills to gain further official certifications and qualifications by progressing through The Global Digital Infrastructure Education Framework which maps education programs to career advancement throughout the network infrastructure and data centre sectors.
Interest Free Payment Option Available for UK Residents
CNet Training now offer up to 12 months interest free payment options for those in the UK. Find out if you are eligible here.
5 day class requiring pre-class study of approximately 20 hours, focussing on the following topics:
- Understanding Sustainability and the Business Approach
- Technological and Operational Approach to Sustainability
- Implementing Sustainability
This program is structured for senior data centre operations and facilities management, team leaders and senior engineers wishing to unite existing knowledge with new learning concerning achieving a sustainability focused strategy within their mission critical facility.
Experience of working within a data centre environment is essential; preferably with two years experience as a technical designer, operations manager or in a senior facilities role. If you would like to discuss your experience or suitability for this program, please contact us.
The CDCSP® is designed to utilise existing data centre knowledge, skills and experience, and combine it with new learning centred around technical collaboration and innovative approaches targeting sustainability within a data centre facility and the creation and implementation of a long-term sustainability strategy to support the business.
Learners are required to undertake pre-class study, which is fully supported by an experienced and dedicated online Tutor. Learners are also required to bring a webcam enabled laptop or suitable device with unrestricted wireless internet connectivity, the latest internet browser and suitable applications for reading/annotating PDFs and editing standard office documents.
- Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 5 Award in Certified Data Centre Sustainability
- Official Certified Data Centre Sustainability Professional (CDCSP®) certification
- Use of the CDCSP post nominal title
- Use of the official Certified Data Centre Sustainability Professional (CDCSP®) Digital Badge
- Use of the CDCSP® logo
Certifications are a commitment to life-long learning and offer the perfect opportunity to ensure knowledge, skills and certification remain current and up to date. Each certification gained requires re-certifying every three years via an online learning management system.
- Continual Professional Development (CPDs)
- IEEE Continual Education Units (CEUs)
Benefits for Individuals
- Be able to create and implement a strategy that attracts business and investment
- Is aware of the regulations, codes and standards affecting decisions when developing a sustainability strategy
- Understands that waste reduction, be it energy, water and packaging materials are the simplest way that the business can demonstrate its sustainability credentials
- Recognise that true sustainability starts beyond the confines of the data centre walls, recognising the need to investigate the attitude to sustainability further into the supply chain
Benefits for Businesses
- Demonstrate a positive corporate attitude to sustainability, harnessing the potential to gain competitive advantages
- Establish a baseline for compliance recognising the need to conform with codes, standards and regulations in order to demonstrate corporate integrity
- Champion a sustainability legacy by reviewing all areas of the business processes that affect the carbon footprint, reducing operational costs all functional areas
- Improves customer perception of your business due to strengthening attitudes for service providers that can demonstrate their sustainability credentials
What are the topics of this program?
Understanding Sustainability and the Business Approach
- The need for sustainability and the impact upon the data centre sector
- Sustainable approach and the legislative drivers
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and the wider impact on the data centre sector
- Establishing a data centre performance baseline and maximising assets
- Understanding the business needs and data centre limitations
- Business and operational risks presented by the need for sustainability
- Creating a sustainable ethos through the business
- Establishing a business case for sustainability
- Business approach to sustainability
Technological and Operational Approach to Sustainability
- The need for innovation and collaboration
- Reduction of human error by effective management and training
- Industry best practices and transformation programs
- Monitoring, analysis and automation of the physical infrastructure
- Evaluating traditional, alterative and renewable power sources
- Monitoring, analysing and optimising power distribution
- Monitoring, analysing and optimising cooling capabilities
- Monitoring, analysing and optimising IT hardware deployment
- Maintenance strategies
- Aligning the business, operations and technology to deliver a sustainable path for the future
- Critically analyse the IT environment relating to one’s own sphere of work, in particular, the learner’s own organisation’s technical platforms
- Assess the IT/IS infrastructure (hardware, public/private/hybrid cloud, operating systems, intelligent SAN, aaS, middleware/SOA), and the IT service processes used within the learner’s own organisation, particularly those associated with sustainability and efficiency including virtualisation, re-use/sharing, and closed loop strategies
- Compare and contrast the needs, objectives and constraints of the other disciplines and functions within the data centre
- Evaluate and apply national and international standards published by ISO, BSI, IEC, IEEE etc and Codes of Practice to build sustainability into the data centre
- Devise techniques for streamlining business processes
- Corporate sustainability and the core drivers
- Strategic and sustainable planning
- Developing and implementing sustainable strategies
- The strategic planning process
- Projecting levels of sustainable achievement
- Obstacles and challenges
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting sustainability improvements
- Continuous sustainability planning
- Certifications, standards and industry accreditations
- Evaluate appropriate business strategies for the initiation and development of a sustainable data centre
- Create a clear business strategy and sustainability framework against defined objectives and attainable targets through business collaboration
- Identification and mitigation of potential risks, obstacles and challenges relating to effective delivery of the business strategy and sustainability outcomes
- Appreciate the need for effective monitoring, analysing and reporting structures to evaluate the financial expenditure and operational productivity against the business drivers
- Identify and utilise industry recognised standards and accreditations providing direction for continuous sustainability initiatives