Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT®)
Take your existing network infrastructure skills to new levels allowing you to successfully manage, control and deliver major infrastructure projects.
The Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT®) program is a comprehensive program perfect for those with at least 4 years of verifiable experience within the network infrastructure sector, or relevant qualifications, who wish to extend their knowledge, practical hands-on skills, qualifications and certifications into a wider project environment.
The five-day program aims to develop the knowledge and skills required to perform the multi-faceted role of a site project delivery manager. Students will greatly enhance their technical knowledge through a complex case study mastering the requirements for making survey decisions regarding spaces; pathways and containment, managing health and safety procedures and delivering a complex task schedule. They will also gain a valuable insight into the need to establish effective communications with key stakeholders. A certified CNIT® will be undaunted when dealing with escalations and problem resolution within a strategic network infrastructure project.
The CNIT® also takes into account the requirements of the current BS EN, TIA and ISO standards, whilst also meeting the architectural and technical requirements. During the program students will also have access to current standards for reference purposes.
Current and emerging networking technologies will also be explored including Ethernet, Wireless and POE LANs. Principles of Intelligent Buildings also feature with insights into Building Management Systems (BMS) and Building Automation Systems (BAS).
Practical hands-on sessions are incorporated throughout this program, including a focus on advanced copper and fibre infrastructure troubleshooting, wireless survey and wireless network testing tools. The organisation and management of cable test results through OEM software with the latest features and capabilities exploited in detail.
On successful completion students can demonstrate the highest levels of knowledge, competency and confidence to deliver a complex project in a site environment, demonstrating efficiencies in both time and cost, coupled with the knowledge of the very latest technical capabilities dominating network infrastructure today.
A CNIT® can also feel confident that they are progressing through The Global Network Infrastructure Education Framework. They also gain an internationally recognised BTEC Level 4 Professional qualification and official CNIT® certification. This certification enters the student into a commitment to life-long learning and offers the perfect portal to ensure knowledge; skills and certification remain current and up-to-date. Each certification gained from CNet Training requires re-certifying every three years. The process is simple, cost effective and easy via an online learning management system allowing knowledge to be brought up-to-date to reflect the very latest changes and technical developments within the industry. Re-certified students can also benefit from utilising the latest program material, can continue to use the CNIT® logo and post nominal letters for the next three years.
This program is designed for those wishing to extend their knowledge, practical hands-on skills, qualifications and certifications into a wider project environment as a Site Delivery Manager with aspirations to progress into roles such as:
- Site Supervisor (Team Leadership, Health & Safety Management)
- Site Logistics Manager (Task Management, Stores & Equipment Co-ordination)
- Technical Lead (Surveyor, Resolver, Quality Assurance, Project Closure)
Interest Free Payment Option Available for UK Residents
CNet Training now offer up to 12 months interest free payment options for those in the UK. Find out if you are eligible here.
The Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT®) training program is 5 days in duration.
At least four years of verifiable experience within the network infrastructure sector or relevant qualifications. Successful completion of the Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) program would be an advantage.
Successful students will have the knowledge and practical skills to confidently deliver complex projects to a quality and technical compliance standard.
You will also gain the following:
- Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT®) Certification
- BTEC Level 4 Professional Award
- Use of CNIT post nominal title e.g. Martin Smith CNIT
- Use of the CNIT® logo
- Eligibility for an ECS (Electrotechnical Certification Scheme) Datacomms card
- Continual Professional Development (CPDs)
What are the topics of this training program?
- Role of the CNIT®
- Role of the CNIT® in:
- - The core layer
- - The distribution layer
- - The access layer
- Fundamentals of Datacommunications
- Datacommunications network structure
- 7-Layer OSI model
- Frame format
- IP Addressing
- Wide Area Network (WAN) protocols
- Networking Principles
- Benefits of networking
- Network characteristics
- Modern network components
- 3-Level architecture
- 10GBit ethernet
- 40/100G ethernet
- Bandwidth/distance considerations
- Defining standards
- Governance and compliance
- BS EN 50173 series
- BS EN 50174 series
- Structural hierarchy
- Technical Requirements
- Survey Principles
- Health and Safety considerations
- LAN survey
- - Desktop planning
- - OSP walkthrough
- - ISP walkthrough
- - WLAN surveys
- Cabinets and Containment
- Cabinet structure and components
- Containment choices, types and construction methods
- Separation of services
- Fixing choices, types and construction methods
- Deflection calculations
- Structural support
- Fire Stopping
- Fire stopping types
- Outside Plant
- Cable pits and manholes
- OSP pathways
- Building entrance facilities
- Advanced Network Architecture
- Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Building Automated Systems (BAS)
- Power Over Ethernet (POE)
- Wireless Network Standards
- 802.11 variations
- IEEE standards
- Frequency bands
- Channel overlap
- Wireless Network Architecture
- Requirements for a wireless solution
- Wireless LAN and WiFi defined
- Wireless network types:
- - Wireless LAN (WLAN)
- - Wireless MAN (WMAN)
- - WiMAX
- - Propagation and attenuation
- Advanced Infrastructure Troubleshooting – Copper
- Custom setup
- Standards based setup EN vs TIA
- 3db/4db rule test and prove
- Alien crosstalk plan and test
- 10% over length testing
- POE testing
- Data Centre test requirements
- Hands-on practical session for copper testing using latest industry test equipment
- Advanced Infrastructure Troubleshooting – Fibre
- Loss budgeting
- Passive optical networks
- OM mismatch
- OTDR custom setup
- OTDR test and downloads
- OLS/OTP test and documentation
- OTDR/OLS vs application testing
- Hands-on practical session for fibre testing using latest industry test equipment
- OEM Software Project Structure
- Complex project structure
- Project creation
- Importing test results
- Cloud access
There are two case studies to be completed within the program timeframe, in support of the LAN and WLAN surveys.
Certified Telecommunications Project Management (CTPM®) – gain the ability to ensure that data centre projects are correctly managed and delivered to meet the business needs.
Data Centre Fundamentals – This program has been designed for individuals who are either new to the Data Centre industry (technicians with limited experience or exposure to Data Centre facilities) or for those who sell products and services to the Data Centre industry or who sell Data Centre services.
Certified Data Centre Technician Professional (CDCTP®) – beneficial to technical personnel who are responsible for the day-to-day smooth operation of the mission critical environments within these facilities.
Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP®) – ideal for managers who are seeking to get a greater understanding of the data centre design concepts and principles.
Certified Data Centre Management Professional (CDCMP®) – ideal for senior engineers/technicians moving into the data centre management structure.