Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) Apprenticeship
The First Government Funded Apprenticeship for Network Cable Installation
The CNCI® Apprenticeship is levy funded or co-funded 9-1 up to £9,000 and has been developed by major installation companies. The Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) Apprenticeship is perfect for individuals wishing to acquire the knowledge to enable them to complete both copper and fibre cable installation projects and demonstrate the highest levels of skills and expertise in network cabling infrastructures. It is relevant to new entrants to the cabling industry in addition to those already working within the cable installation environment wishing to improve their skills.
Gain the knowledge and skills to confidently install, test and certify copper and fibre cable installations whilst working to the correct standards and best practices. Have the desired levels of competency and confidence to install Smart Building technology such as wireless access devices, VoIP telephony, CCTV cameras, door access controls and biometric security systems.
What does the certification mean to organisations?
For employers who have a team of certified individuals, it will instantly deliver confidence and competitive advantage to the market place, in addition to helping to secure the organisation’s professional reputation as a leader in its field. There is also a benefit of the ROI associated with having a team of professionally trained staff, as they work more competently, accurately and efficiently.
The CNCI® Apprenticeship is perfect for individuals wishing to acquire the very latest skills and knowledge to enable them to complete both copper and fibre cable installation projects to the highest standards whilst gaining valuable on-the-job-training.
It is relevant to new entrants to the cabling industry in addition to those already working within the cable installation environment wishing to improve their skills.
The Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) Apprenticeship program is 12 – 15 months in duration.
Maths and English at Level 2 is required to attend the Apprenticeship. No previous experience is required to attend this program, however if you are working in the Network Infrastructure industry, it will prove advantageous.
Successful learners will have the knowledge and skills to confidently install, test and certify a complete copper and fibre cable installation.
On successful completion you will gain the following:
- Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 3 Award Certified Network Cable Installer (Copper)
- Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 3 Award Certified Network Cable Installer (Optical Fibre)
- Official Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) certification
- Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 4 Professional Award Certified Integrated Infrastrucutre Technician
- Official Certified Integrated Infrastructure Technician (CIIT®) certification
- Use of the CNCI & CIIT® logos
- Use of CNCI & CIIT post nominal letters after your name e.g. Martin Smith CNCI CIIT
- Eligibility for an ECS (Electrotechnical Certification Scheme) Datacomms Specialist CNCI® card (only available in the UK)
- Eligible for ECS Apprentice card
- Continual Professional Development (CPDs)
- 10 IEEE Continual Education Units (CEUs)
- Health, Safety & Welfare in Construction
- L2 Confined Spaces
- Working at Heights
- PASMA Mobile Towers
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- NRSWA Guarding and Lighting Operative
- First aid at work
You will also benefit from:
CNCI® Benefits for Individuals
- Become one of the elite certified network cable installers in the country
- Demonstrate the highest levels of knowledge, skills and expertise in network infrastructure installation
- Plan individual tasks and materials required accurately and with confidence
- Install copper and fibre network cable infrastructure projects on time and within budget, maximising profit potential
- Gain valuable on the job training
- The apprentice will be eligible to apply for registrations as a full member of the Institute of Telecommunications Professionals
CNCI® Benefits for Business
- Confidence that employees have a full and rounded knowledge in network infrastructure installation, improving competency and productivity
- Reduced time and material wastage – employees can carry out tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Delivering infrastructure installation projects to the highest quality standards resulting in increased client satisfaction and potential repeat business
- Meet contractual requirements reducing sign off and project hand over times