Certified Data Centre Sustainability Professional (CDCSP®)
Developing a sustainable future involves meeting the needs of today whilst protecting the environment and resources for tomorrow.
The comprehensive Certified Data Centre Sustainability Professional (CDCSP®) program is designed to provide in-depth knowledge into the steps required to evaluate, plan, design, implement and monitor a sustainability strategy for data centre facilities and operational capability.
Achieving sustainability will be considered from all angles with the overarching requirement to ensure the data centre facility continues to meet the needs of the business. The importance of establishing the correct strategic vision and business drivers required to implement a well-balanced and structured approach towards sustainability is explored. From initial business and operational analysis of power, cooling and IT hardware, and potential operational risk, to design innovation and implementing initiatives whilst appreciating both the business and operational challenges that may occur during this process. Maintenance strategies, continuous planning and critical analysis against identified targets are also explored, in addition to the need to demonstrate proven ROI whilst identifying and capitalising the business, customer and social benefits.
This one-year program is based around supported online distance learning providing flexibility and complete interaction at every step of the way. Learners will be supported by the CNet Technical Team with the aim of creating an enriched learning experience. On average, learners commit the equivalent of approximately 10 hours of study to the program per week during term time, however this study can be taken at your own pace and undertaken at a convenient time for you. However, deadlines that are given for your assessed work are strict and must be met.
The program will involve case study exercises (requiring research), guest speaker webinars, research papers, virtual panel discussions and a focused dissertation.
This program is suited to senior operational managers and engineers working within data centre facilities wishing to extend their skills to achieve sustainability within their mission critical facility.
Interest Free Payment Option Available for UK Residents
CNet Training now offer up to 12 months interest free payment options for those in the UK. Find out if you are eligible here.
The Certified Data Centre Sustainability Professional (CDCSP®) program is 1 year in duration, and is split into the following terms:
Term 1: – Understanding Sustainability and the Business Approach
Term 2: – Technological and Operational Approach to Sustainability
Term 3: – Implementing Sustainability
At least five years’ of verifiable broad experience within the data centre environment.
As a distance learner, you will also need a suitable computer with internet connection, together with sufficient IT competence to make effective use of word processing, internet and email.
The CDCSP® is designed to provide unrivalled knowledge and innovative approaches to sustainability within a data centre facility.
You will also gain the following:
- Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 6 Diploma Certified Data Centre Sustainability Professional
- Official Certified Data Centre Sustainability Professional (CDCSP®) certification
- Use of CDCSP post nominal letters after your name e.g. Martin Smith CDCSP
- Use of the CDCSP® logo
- Continual Professional Development (CDPs)
- IEEE Continual Education Units (CEUs)
What are the topics of this program?
- Understanding Sustainability and the Business Approach
- The Need for Sustainability and the Impact Upon the Data Centre Sector
- A Sustainable Approach and the Legislative Drivers
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and the Wider Impact to the Data Centre Sector
- Establishing a Data Centre Baseline and Maximising Assets
- Understanding the Business Needs and Data Centre Limitations
- Business and Operational Risks Presented by the Need for Sustainability
- Business and Operational Benefits Created by Sustainability
- Creating a Sustainable Ethos Through the Business
- Establishing a Business Case for Sustainability
- Business Approach to Sustainability
Additional work involved
- Technological and Operational Approach to Sustainability
- Industry Best Practices and Transformation Programs
- Analysing and Maximising Power Distribution
- Analysing and Maximising Cooling Capabilities
- Analysing and Maximising IT Hardware Deployment
- Maintenance Strategies
- Reduction of Human Error by Effective Management and Education
- The Need for Innovation and Collaboration
- Evaluating Alternative and Renewable Power Sources
- Monitoring, Analysis and Automation of the Physical Infrastructure
- Aligning the Business, Operations and Technology to Deliver a Sustainable Path for the Future
Additional work involved
- Implementing Sustainability
- Corporate Sustainability and the Core Drivers
- Sustainable Planning and Strategic Approaches Developing and Implementing Sustainable Strategies
- The Strategic Planning Process
- Projecting Levels of Sustainable Achievement
- Obstacles and Challenges Along the Path to Sustainability
- Monitoring, Analysing and Reporting Sustainability Improvements
- Evaluation of Successes and Failures of Measures Undertaken
- Continuous Planning Towards Sustainability
- Certifications and Industry Accreditations to Maintain the Drive for Sustainability
Additional work involved