#STEM Day is designed to ignite young minds with the magic of science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics, shaping innovators of tomorrow’s world. With reports of more STEM based jobs being created on a daily basis, but less young people choosing education pathways in this area, it’s essential to encourage young people to learn more about and pursue the amazing career opportunities there are within this field, including the digital infrastructure industry!
Here’s five suggestions for ways to celebrate National #STEMDay:
1. Ask the next young person you meet if they know what a data center is and share your knowledge about how important they are for our modern connected world
2. Listen to Inside Data Centres podcast special episode – UTC Special: Educating the Future Data Center Engineers and be inspired
3. Show your children the Kao Academy to find a ‘build your own data center’ print out activity, crossword puzzle, games and more!
4. Become a STEM ambassador and inspire the next generation to consider a career in this exciting sector
5. Think about what your organization can do to help young people learn about careers in this industry. Could you invite a local school for a tour of your facility or attend a careers fair? Make it your mission to do something to raise awareness!