Excel System Installation
View Course Dates
Learner ProfileThis program is designed to provide the theoretical background and practical skills to satisfy the requirements of the modern high-speed local area networks.
Course OverviewA 2 day practical based structured cabling installation and testing program which forms the cornerstone of the Excel Warranty.
What will learners get out of it?Those attending become both skilled and competent to correctly install, test and troubleshoot the Excel Structured cabling solution, which includes Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a and fibre components.
- View Course Dates
- Email: email@example.com
- UK Telephone: +44 (0)1284 767100
- US Telephone: +1 302-526-1977
Excel System Installation at a glanceClick on the tabs below to reveal further information about course content and details regarding prerequisites, career progression and qualifications.
Learners are equipped with the knowledge, skills and expertise to competently undertake the installation of the Excel Structured Cabling Solutions.
- Transmission Theory
- Understand how the signal path can be affected by installation and design practises for both Copper and Fibre
- Standards Overview
- BSEN50174 Parts 1-5
- Cable Types – Copper
- Cable Types – Fibre
- OM1, OM2, OM3 & OS1
- Connector Types
- Copper – UTP & STP
- Fibre – ST, SC & LC
- Installation Practices & Terminations
- Copper Systems – Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a
- Fibre Systems
- Cable Management
- Grounding & Bonding
- Testing & Fault Identification
- Copper – Cat5e, Cat6 & Cat6a
- Fibre – OTDR, LSPM
- Documentation & Labelling
- BSEN standards requirements
- Excel warranty requirements
- Health & Safety
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- Fibre Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Warranty Management
- Moves, Adds and Changes (MACs)
Experience of data cable installation.
Who should attend?Anyone seeking to install and warrant the Excel Structured Cabling Solution.
- EXCEL Certification