Certified Wireless Infrastructure Technician (CWIT®)
Plan and install a 100% wireless network coverage to facilitate high speed access for smart mobile devices. Using the latest wireless technologies ensure all users have comprehensive access at all times to benefit from a seamless roaming experience.
The five-day Certified Wireless Infrastructure Technician (CWIT®) is a comprehensive program perfect for those with 2-3 years’ experience within network infrastructure who wish to extend their knowledge, practical hands-on skills, qualifications and certifications into the wireless infrastructure environment.
Learners will expand their knowledge and skills to gain a thorough understanding of current and emerging wireless networking technologies used for in-building wireless coverage. Methods used for connection to backbone networks also feature with explorations into the principles of microwave access radio, fibre systems and cable technologies such as DSL. The organisation and management of site records and wireless system test results through OEM software is also included.
Practical hands-on sessions are incorporated throughout this program, including a focus on advanced wireless infrastructure troubleshooting, wireless coverage surveys and network testing tools. The organisation and management of site records and wireless system test results through OEM software is also included. A certified CWIT® will be undaunted when dealing with escalations and problem resolution within a strategic wireless network project.
A certified CWIT® also considers the requirements for compliance, having a full understanding of national and international regulations, codes and standards. During the program learners will be provided a valuable opportunity to access the latest industry standards.
Following this program, you are encouraged to continue your professional development by advancing your knowledge and skills to gain further official certifications and qualifications by progressing through The Global Digital Infrastructure Education Framework which maps education programs to career advancement throughout the network infrastructure and data centre sectors.
The CWIT® program is classroom-based and led by one of CNet’s expert Instructors.
Interest Free Payment Option Available for UK Residents
CNet Training now offer up to 12 months interest free payment options for those in the UK. Find out if you are eligible here.
This program is designed for individuals experienced within the network infrastructure installation environment wishing to extend their hands-on practical skills, knowledge, qualifications and certifications in relation to generic wireless installation within diverse environments.
The Certified Wireless Infrastructure Technician (CWIT®) training program is 5 days in duration.
A minimum of two years installation experience within the network infrastructure sector is required. Successful completion of the Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) program would be advantageous. If you would like to discuss your experience or suitability for this program please contact us.
Learners are required to bring a webcam enabled laptop or suitable device with unrestricted wireless internet connectivity, the latest internet browser and suitable applications for reading/annotating PDFs and editing standard office documents.
Successful learners will have the knowledge and practical skills to confidently install, test and certify installations in support of Wireless Ethernet and Small Cell applications in the WAN environment and other emerging networking technologies.
The CWIT® forms part of the Global Digital Infrastructure Education Framework which allows delegates to progress their knowledge, education and skills in line with their career within these fast moving industries. See cnet-training.com for details of the Global Digital Infrastructure Education Framework.
- Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 4 Professional Award Certified Wireless Infrastructure Technician
- Official Certified Wireless Infrastructure Technician (CWIT®) Certification
- Use of CWIT post nominal letters after your name i.e. Martin Smith CWIT
- Use of the CWIT® logo
- Continual Professional Development (CPDs)
- 5 IEEE Continual Education Units (CEUs)
CWIT® Benefits for Individuals
- New and improved technical skills, widening your scope of ability with up-to-date wireless technology
- Enhanced knowledge and skills to enable wireless network infrastructure to be planned with accuracy and confidence
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practice instils a right first-time approach increases quality, reduces time on task and improves customer satisfaction
- Greater job role flexibility to further enhance career opportunities
CWIT® Benefits for Business
- Ability to broaden product portfolio into wireless technology delivery
- Improve accuracy and planning reduces errors, risk and potential costs associated with re-work
- Ensure works are completed to the highest quality standards, reducing snagging and the time and cost of site re-visits
- Investment in the team, leads to greater loyalty, reducing potential recruitment time and cost to replace dissatisfied leavers
What are the topics of this program?
- Role of the CWIT® in
- The core layer
- The distribution layer
- The access layer
- Regulations, Standards, Codes, Organisations and Forums
- Wireless regulations, standards, codes and organisations
- Wireless trade organisations and forums
- Emerging wireless technologies and related standards
- Fundamentals of Wireless Communications
- Wireless medium/spectrum
- Advantages of the Wireless solutions
- RF propagation
- Modulation schemes
- Wireless Networking Principles
- Cellular, WLAN, PAN and Microwave technologies
- Femto/Pico/Micro and Macrocells
- WLAN types
- Frequency Bands and Channel Numbers
- Core Networks
- NMS vs. EMS
- CLI vs. GUI
- TX/RX Diversity, MIMO antenna schemes
- Remote Radio Head (RRH)
- PoE Switches
- Self-Organising Networks (SON)
- Network and Security Gateways
- Coverage and Capacity planning – overview
- Optimal positioning of RF units
- Planning for In-Building Installations
- On-site health & safety assessment
- Wireless infrastructure administration & floor plans
- Capacity & Coverage plans arising from use of planning tools
- Ethernet and fiber cable route planning
- Equipment mounting choices and types
- Iteration process – ideal vs. practical choices
- Rack space and equipment connection planning
- AC/DC planning
- Ventilation planning
- In-Building Installations
- Structural support for wall and ceiling RF unit fixings
- Tools used for wall and ceiling fixings
- PPE, steps, ladders, towers used during mounting of RF units
- Installation of PoE switches and servers
- Connection and earth and AC/DC power
- Testing and connection of Ethernet and optical fiber cables
- Capturing MAC addresses & updating as-built documentation
- In-Building Commissioning
- Powering up switches and servers
- Use of CLI and GUI
- Entry of initial parameters to enable SON
- Checks: RF coverage, handover, provision of service
- Optimization of RF coverage through physical adjustments
- Use of test phone
- Documenting test results
- Typical troubleshooting: Ethernet/ fiber cable tests, pings.
- Wireless Infrastructure Troubleshooting
- Identification of faulty RF units or PoE devices
- PoE testing
- Coverage testing using test phone
- Typical replacement procedures: RF units, switches, servers
- CWIT® Program Breakdown
- Advanced Copper Testing
- Advanced Fibre Testing
- WAP Survey Activity
- LAN Survey Activity
- Technical Theory
- Case Study
There are case studies to be completed within the program time frame, one each in support of WLAN and Cellular wireless infrastructure planning and installation. There is an exam at the end of the program.
Certified Telecommunications Project Management (CTPM®) – gain the ability to ensure that data centre projects are correctly managed and delivered to meet the business needs.
Data Centre Fundamentals – This program has been designed for individuals who are either new to the data centre industry (technicians with limited experience or exposure to data centre facilities) or for those who sell products and services to the data centre industry or who sell data centre services.
Certified Data Centre Technician Professional (CDCTP®) – beneficial to technical personnel who are responsible for the day-to-day smooth operation of the mission critical environments within these facilities.
Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP®) – ideal for managers who are seeking to get a greater understanding of the data centre design concepts and principles.
Certified Data Centre Management Professional (CDCMP®) – ideal for senior engineers/technicians moving into the data centre management structure.