Certified Wireless Infrastructure Technician (CWIT®)
The Certified Wireless Infrastructure Technician (CWIT®) program is a comprehensive program perfect for those with 2-3 years’ experience within network infrastructure who wish to extend their knowledge, practical hands-on skills, qualifications and certifications into the wireless infrastructure environment.
Learners can take their existing network cabling knowledge and skills to the next level by gaining a valuable insight into current and emerging wireless networking technologies used for providing in-building wireless coverage. Methods used for connection to backbone networks also feature with explorations into the principles of microwave access radio, fibre systems and cable technologies such as DSL. Each subject area covers the latest standards and codes of practice, and ensures technicians are armed with everything they need to undertake installation projects to the highest possible standards.
Focused practical hands-on sessions are incorporated throughout this program, including a focus on advanced wireless infrastructure troubleshooting, wireless coverage surveys and network testing tools. The organisation and management of site records and wireless system test results through OEM software is also included.
The duration of this program is five days; the content is comprehensive and detailed allowing network infrastructure professionals to have the potential to add real value to their skills by including these complex areas in their product/service portfolio. A qualified CWIT® will be undaunted when dealing with escalations and problem resolution within a strategic wireless network project.
On successful completion, learners can demonstrate the highest levels of competency and can feel confident that they possess the very latest technical abilities within these fields of installation and feel confident that they are progressing through the Global Network Infrastructure Education Framework. They also gain an internationally recognised BTEC Level 4 Professional qualification and CWIT® certification – providing the use of post nominal letters after their name and the use of the official CWIT® logo.
CWIT® certification enters the learner into a commitment to life-long learning and offers the perfect portal to ensure knowledge, skills and certification remain current and up-to-date. Each certification gained from CNet Training requires re-certifying every three years. The process is simple, cost effective and easy via an on-line learning management system allowing knowledge to be bought up-to-date to reflect the very latest changes and technical developments within the industry. Re-certified learners can also benefit from downloading the latest program material, can continue to use the CWIT® logo and post nominal letters for the next three years.
This program is designed for individuals experienced within the network cabling installation environment wishing to extend their hands-on practical skills, knowledge, qualifications and certifications in relation to generic wireless installation within diverse environments and with aspirations to progress into roles such as:
Interest Free Payment Option Available for UK Residents
CNet Training now offer up to 12 months interest free payment options for those in the UK. Find out if you are eligible here.
The Certified Wireless Infrastructure Technician (CWIT®) training program is 5 days in duration.
To attend this program 2-3 years of verifiable cable installation experience is necessary. Successful completion of the Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) program would be an advantage.
Successful learners will have the knowledge and practical skills to confidently install, test and certify installations in support of Wireless Ethernet and Small Cell applications in the WAN environment and other emerging networking technologies.
The CWIT® forms part of the Global Digital Infrastructure Education Framework which allows delegates to progress their knowledge, education and skills in line with their career within these fast moving industries.
You will also gain the following:
- Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 4 Professional Award Certified Wireless Infrastructure Technician
- Official Certified Wireless Infrastructure Technician (CWIT®) Certification
- Use of CWIT post nominal letters after your name i.e. Martin Smith CWIT
- Use of the CWIT® logo
- Continual Professional Development (CPDs)
- 5 IEEE Continual Education Units (CEUs)
What are the topics of this program?
- Role of the CWIT® in
- The core layer
- The distribution layer
- The access layer
- Regulations, Standards, Codes, Organisations and Forums
- Wireless regulations, standards, codes and organisations
- Wireless trade organisations and forums
- Emerging wireless technologies and related standards
- Fundamentals of Wireless Communications
- Wireless medium/spectrum
- Advantages of the Wireless solutions
- RF propagation
- Modulation schemes
- Wireless Networking Principles
- Cellular, WLAN, PAN and Microwave technologies
- Femto/Pico/Micro and Macrocells
- WLAN types
- Frequency Bands and Channel Numbers
- Core Networks
- NMS vs. EMS
- CLI vs. GUI
- TX/RX Diversity, MIMO antenna schemes
- Remote Radio Head (RRH)
- PoE Switches
- Self-Organising Networks (SON)
- Network and Security Gateways
- Coverage and Capacity planning – overview
- Optimal positioning of RF units
- Planning for In-Building Installations
- On-site health & safety assessment
- Wireless infrastructure administration & floor plans
- Capacity & Coverage plans arising from use of planning tools
- Ethernet and fiber cable route planning
- Equipment mounting choices and types
- Iteration process – ideal vs. practical choices
- Rack space and equipment connection planning
- AC/DC planning
- Ventilation planning
- In-Building Installations
- Structural support for wall and ceiling RF unit fixings
- Tools used for wall and ceiling fixings
- PPE, steps, ladders, towers used during mounting of RF units
- Installation of PoE switches and servers
- Connection and earth and AC/DC power
- Testing and connection of Ethernet and optical fiber cables
- Capturing MAC addresses & updating as-built documentation
- In-Building Commissioning
- Powering up switches and servers
- Use of CLI and GUI
- Entry of initial parameters to enable SON
- Checks: RF coverage, handover, provision of service
- Optimization of RF coverage through physical adjustments
- Use of test phone
- Documenting test results
- Typical troubleshooting: Ethernet/ fiber cable tests, pings.
- Wireless Infrastructure Troubleshooting
- Identification of faulty RF units or PoE devices
- PoE testing
- Coverage testing using test phone
- Typical replacement procedures: RF units, switches, servers
- CWIT® Program Breakdown
- Advanced Copper Testing
- Advanced Fibre Testing
- WAP Survey Activity
- LAN Survey Activity
- Technical Theory
- Case Study
There are case studies to be completed within the program time frame, one each in support of WLAN and Cellular wireless infrastructure planning and installation. There is an exam at the end of the program.
Certified Telecommunications Project Management (CTPM®) – gain the ability to ensure that data centre projects are correctly managed and delivered to meet the business needs.
Data Centre Fundamentals – This program has been designed for individuals who are either new to the data centre industry (technicians with limited experience or exposure to data centre facilities) or for those who sell products and services to the data centre industry or who sell data centre services.
Certified Data Centre Technician Professional (CDCTP®) – beneficial to technical personnel who are responsible for the day-to-day smooth operation of the mission critical environments within these facilities.
Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP®) – ideal for managers who are seeking to get a greater understanding of the data centre design concepts and principles.
Certified Data Centre Management Professional (CDCMP®) – ideal for senior engineers/technicians moving into the data centre management structure.