Certified Data Centre Management Professional
Gain unparalleled knowledge, skills and competency to manage the complex technical environments of a data centre facility and the ability to optimise its effectiveness by driving efficiencies. Create a credible business strategy and apply strong leadership to maximise the operational capability of the data centre whilst continuing to meet the on-going demands of the business.
The five-day Certified Data Centre Management Professional (CDCMP®) is a comprehensive program that investigates the functionality of all elements of a data centre facility and the relationships and dependencies between them, with a focus on maintaining consistent reliability, security and integrity of data and the availability of service.
Opening with a solid grounding in the basic design principles, the program progresses to provide an overview of the physical infrastructure elements, through to an understanding of the project management methodology required to deliver complex data centre projects. It also explores the efficient management of the often conflicting operational and maintenance demands required of the data centre plant to continuously deliver the business needs. The challenges of regulatory compliance, data centre strategies and audit demands are also thoroughly examined. Real-life case studies are used to demonstrate putting theory into practice.
A certified CDCMP® also considers the requirements for compliance, having a full understanding of national and international regulations, codes and standards. During the program, learners will be provided a valuable opportunity to access the latest industry standards.
Following this program, you are encouraged to continue your professional development by advancing your knowledge and skills to gain further official certifications and qualifications by progressing through The Global Digital Infrastructure Education Framework which maps education programs to career advancement throughout the network infrastructure and data centre sectors.
The CDCMP® program is classroom-based and led by one of CNet’s expert Instructors and is also available via remote attendance.
5 day class requiring pre-class study of approximately 20 hours.
Interest Free Payment Option Available for UK Residents
CNet Training now offer up to 12 months interest free payment options for those in the UK. Find out if you are eligible here.
The program is designed for individuals wishing to enhance their ability to strategically manage, control and improve the operational effectiveness of a data centre environment.
Experience of working within a data centre environment is essential; preferably with two years experience in a technical IT or operations role. If you would like to discuss your experience or suitability for this program please contact us.
Learners are required to undertake pre-class study, which is fully supported by an experienced and dedicated online Tutor. Learners are also required to bring a webcam enabled laptop or suitable device with unrestricted wireless internet connectivity, the latest internet browser and suitable applications for reading/annotating PDFs and editing standard office documents.
Upon completion, successful learners will have an unrivalled knowledge of how to effectively manage a data centre environment to optimise its effectiveness in a more efficient manner whilst meeting the strategic operational demands of the business.
- Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 5 Professional Award Certified Data Centre Management Professional
- Official Certified Data Centre Management Professional (CDCMP®) Certification
- The use of a post nominal title after your name e.g. Martin Smith CDCMP
- Use of the CDCMP® logo to highlight your new skills
- Continual Professional Development (CPD)
- 7 IEEE Continual Education Units (CEUs)
Benefits for Individuals
- The ability to develop a management strategy that aligns with the business operational requirements
- Recognises the need to develop a multi-disciplinary team supporting all operational functions of the data centre
- Can identify the processes within data centre operations that ensure consistent reliability, security and integrity of data and the availability of service.
Benefits for Employers
- Establish a confidence that the data centre manager is competent to strategically manage data centre processes and procedures through continual improvement planning to meet the operational demands of the business
- Confidence that the data centre manager can build a strong team to effectively deliver all operational requirements to ensure maximum service uptime
- Ensures that service levels agreements and key performance indicators are consistently met, to establish and improve customer satisfaction
“The content of the program hit the mark exactly. This program provided a higher level of thinking and provided additional information that has empowered me to perform my new duties. I am very impressed by CNet and look forward to attending more training in the future.”
- Lori A. Carroll, Data Centre Manager
“I have attended many training events and certification courses over my career. In my opinion this was one of the most enjoyable and likely the most useful class I have ever attended.”
- Rusty Sparks, Systems Administration Manager
“The coursework was exceptionally informative and all of the content will be helpful in my pursuit to bring positive change to my organization.”
What are the topics of this program?
- What is a Data Centre?
- Data centre definition
- Data centre options
- Business demands
- Growth and demand challenges
- Understanding Basic Design Principles
- Identifying the business need
- Building a business case
- National and international standards
- Site and building considerations
- Tier Levels
- Criticality and availability
- Determining data centre capacities
- Physical Infrastructure
- Power Infrastructure
- Static and automatic transfer switches
- Measuring and monitoring
- Cooling infrastructure
- Cooling management options
- Cable infrastructure considerations
- IT systems & services
- Storage management
- IT security
- Access & security
- Implementing Data Centre Projects
- Business case
- The project cycle
- Prioritisation of activities
- Triple constraints
- Customer value
- Quantitative risk analysis
- Rolling wave planning
- Change management
- Managing the Data Centre
- Regulations, standards, processes
- Service management frameworks
- Service life cycles
- OLA, SLA and KPIs
- Processes and procedures
- - Moves, adds, changes
- - Energy efficiency
- - System availability
- - Decommissioning
- Transformation programs
- - Consolidation
- - Virtualisation
- - Cloud computing
- - Relocation
- Data Centre Facility Management
- - Facility operations
- - Building Management Systems (BMS)
- - Fire safety compliance
- - Fire suppression
- Core Program Review
There are a number of group and individual management based case studies throughout this program.
- The data centre stack
- The key constraints (power, cooling, space and IT connectivity)
- System availability
- Efficiency metrics
- Importance of commissioning
- Importance of capacity management
- Managing initial design principles
- Management of Processes
- Introduction to ITIL
- DCO & FM framework
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- RACI matrices
- Management of People
- Appreciation of different skill-sets
- Creating a multi-disciplinary team
- Constructing a data centre team
- Management of Plant
- Management of plant overview
- Power management
- IT environment management
- Cooling management
- Energy Efficiency
- Understanding what is attainable and prioritisation
- Efficiency demands
- Efficiency measures
- Validation of processes and procedures
- Management of Services
- Management of SLAs
- Data Centre service management
- Automated tools
- Activity planning
- Business Strategy
- Data centre strategic context
- Strategic planning
- Drivers for the business & IT strategies
- The impact on the data centre
- Aligning IT with the business strategy
- IT Strategy
- The link between business and data centres
- IT strategy framework
- Portfolio management
- Execution plan
- Supporting Strategies
- Strategic planning processes and techniques
- Supporting strategy examples
- - Power continuity
- - Cooling continuity
- - Finance
- - Fire safety
- - Security & access control
- - Business continuity of disaster recover
- - Cleaning
- Legislation & Regulations
- Data Protection
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Computer Misuse Act
- Freedom of Information Act
- Cloud service provider legislation
- Electricity regulations
- Electricity at work regulations, national electrical code
- Building and Regulations
- Health & safety
- Environmental legislation
- Codes of Practice
- EU code of conduct
- DoE DCEP
- Green Grid maturity model
- Standards & Accreditations
- National and international standards
- - Uptime Institute
- - Certified Energy Efficient Datacentre Award (CEEDA)
- - Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method (BREEAM)
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- - ISO 50001 & 14001
- The Audit Process
- What is an audit?
- Defining the business requirement
- What should be audited?
- Audit outcomes
- Potential risk evaluation
- Auditing the Data Centre Physical
- Audit guidance
- Site specific activities
- Evaluating the key environments
- Commissioning cycle
- Functional testing
- Trend analysis
- Recommended practices
- Performance Audits
- Current industry metrics
- Modelling calculations
- Bin analysis
- Environmental Audits
- The need to measure & monitor
- Site specific monitoring
- Energy use and monitoring
- Asset Management
- Areas of asset management
- Asset management strategy and life cycle
- Asset management tools
- Professional Program Review
We will use several group and individual case studies throughout this programme to show how the theory can be mapped across to real-life practice.
Masters in Data Centre Leadership and Management – This degree program is suited to leaders and senior managers working in data centre facilities.
Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP®) – ideal for managers who are seeking to get a greater understanding of the data centre design concepts and principles.
Certified Data Centre Energy Professional (CDCEP®) – ideal for managers to gain a greater understanding of the energy efficiency and how to implement an energy efficiency plan.
Certified Data Centre Audit Professional (CDCAP®) – gain a greater appreciation of the audit process structure ensuring the quality and compliance of the data centre environments.
Certified Telecommunications Project Management (CTPM®) – gain the ability to ensure that data centre projects are correctly managed and delivered to meet the business needs.