Certified Data Center Energy Professional (CDCEP®)
Become an expert in data center energy management.
Learn how to create an energy efficiency plan for your data center. Includes creation, implementation, analysis and formulating recommendations with the ultimate objective of reducing energy use and cutting carbon emissions.
The Certified Data Center Energy Professional (CDCEP®) program considers the global focus on how energy prices and environmental protection is driving the need to reduce energy wastage through greater efficiency. It is of utmost importance and an issue that continues to be foremost in the minds of those operating data center facilities.
The five-day program teaches expertise in energy efficiency and provides the tools to make a significant contribution to the energy strategy and effectively deal with, and manage, energy related issues and deliver efficiencies.
Strategically plan, design and implement an energy plan for data center facilities, focusing on energy efficiency. Learners will be introduced to current energy profiler tools and models to analyze site data and formulate a comprehensive action plan to implement real energy savings potential and capacity reclamation.
The use and distribution of power will be explored considering server and IT equipment, and how usage can quickly spiral out of control when it is not being measured, monitored and maintained correctly. In addition, the use of redundant and back-up power infrastructure will be analyzed considering the power utilization for air-conditioning, fire suppression, security, alarms and other supporting systems.
A certified CDCEP® also considers the requirements for compliance, having a full understanding of national and international regulations, codes, including the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) standard. During the program, learners will be provided a valuable opportunity to access the latest industry standards.
Following this program, you are encouraged to continue your professional development by advancing your knowledge and skills to gain further official certifications and qualifications by progressing through The Global Digital Infrastructure Education Framework which maps education programs to career advancement throughout the network infrastructure and data center sectors.
The CDCEP® program is classroom-based and led by one of CNet’s expert Instructors and is also available via remote attendance.
5 day class requiring pre-class study of approximately 20 hours.
Interest Free Payment Option Available for UK Residents
CNet Training now offer up to 12 months interest free payment options for those in the UK. Find out if you are eligible here.
This program is targeted at individuals who are responsible for the management and use of energy within a data centre.
Experience of working within a data centre environment is essential; preferably with two years experience in a technical IT or facilities role. If you would like to discuss your experience or suitability for this program please contact us.
Learners are required to undertake pre-class study, which is fully supported by an experienced and dedicated online Tutor. Learners are also required to bring a webcam enabled laptop or suitable device with unrestricted wireless internet connectivity, the latest internet browser and suitable applications for reading/annotating PDFs and editing standard office documents.
Gain an unrivalled knowledge and forward-thinking approach to energy provision. Become an expert in the analysis of energy usage, identify opportunities for efficiencies, structure and implement a detailed energy efficiency plan.
- Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 5 Professional Diploma Certified Data Centre Energy Professional
- Official Certified Data Centre Energy Professional (CDCEP®) certification
- Use of CDCEP post nominal letters after your name e.g. Martin Smith CDCEP
- Use of the CDCEP® logo
- Continual Professional Development (CPDs)
- 7 IEEE Continual Education Units (CEUs)
“The CDCEP® program gives a very good understanding of energy, where it is used within a data centre from utility through to IT and explores how to improve energy efficiency & reduce costs, including best practices & new technology developments. A very worthwhile program.”
- Environmental Services Manager – Multi-national logistics company
What are the topics of this program?
- Need for Energy Efficiency?
- CO2 Emissions issues
- Impact of increased energy demand
- Data centre constraints
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Understanding Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Implementation of ISO 26000
- Energy Audits
- Energy audit process
- Primary audit environments
- Actions to improve energy efficiency
- Energy Evaluation
- Understanding energy consumption
- Identification of areas of concern
- Evaluation and modelling sources
- Achievable Expectations & Energy Forecasting
- Achievable expectations
- Industry best practices
- Analysis and calculations
- Forecasting growth
- Energy Metrics
- Need for metrics
- Current industry metrics
- New proxy metrics
- Capacity Reclamation
- Understanding design parameters
- Importance of the four key constraints
- Capacity Management
- KPIs & Metrics
- Defining KPIs
- Selecting and preparing KPIs
- KPI measuring models
- Business Continuity
- Business continuity considerations
- Site selection considerations
- Energy efficiency considerations
- Energy Strategy
- Energy efficiency policy
- Energy efficiency strategy
- Energy action plan & management review
- Energy Efficiency Plan
- Elements of the energy efficiency plan
- Continual monitoring
- Delivery of the Energy Efficiency Plan
- Deployment of the energy efficiency plan
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting
- Energy efficiency procurement
- Site Specific Energy Audits
- Audit direction
- Site specific audit plans
- Keys energy audit areas
- Energy Use Systems
- Major energy use systems
- Energy profile changes
- Optimisation actions
- System Specific Analysis
- IT analysis
- Power infrastructure analysis
- Environmental analysis
- Cooling analysis
- Analysis Tool-sets
- Data centre toolsets
- Active Energy-Efficiency Measures
- Establishing an energy baseline
- Measuring and monitoring
- Data analysis and energy plan preparation
- Real-time monitoring
- Return on Investment
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- IT value
- Financial planning
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Codes & Best Practice
- DoE DCEP
- EU Code of Conduct
- A Strategy for Energy Management
- Energy management roadmap
- Energy management team
- Energy Awareness
- Immediate Energy Actions (4C’s)
- Importance of the four key constraints
- Identifying the immediate concerns
- Actioning the immediate concerns
- Medium-Term CAPEX Actions
- IT measures
- Cooling measures
- Power measures
- CAPEX & ROI impacts
- Long-Term CAPEX/OPEX Actions
- Long-term power efficiency
- Long-term cooling efficiency
- CAPEX & OPEX evaluation
- Processes & Procedures
- Process & procedure requirements
- Process & procedure monitoring and control
- Future Technical Developments
- New developing technologies
- Energy Efficiency Accreditations
- Environmental accreditations
- Energy accreditations
- Data centre energy accreditations
There are a number of group and individual case studies to formulate energy efficiency plans throughout this program.
Masters in Data Centre Leadership and Management – This degree program is suited to leaders and senior managers working in data centre facilities.
Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP®) – ideal for managers who are seeking to get a greater understanding of the data centre design concepts and principles.
Certified Data Centre Management Professional (CDCMP®) – ideal for senior engineers/technicians moving into the data centre management structure.
Certified Data Centre Audit Professional (CDCAP®) – gain a greater appreciation of the audit process structure ensuring the quality and compliance of the data centre environments.
Certified Telecommunications Project Management (CTPM®) – gain the ability to ensure that data centre projects are correctly managed and delivered to meet the business needs.