You must keep your camera switched on throughout the duration of the program so that the Instructor can see you. This is a requirement of completing the program.
Cameras can be turned off during formal breaks.
It is recommended that you use headphones to avoid an echo effect where sound is repeated.
Turning Your Camera or Microphone On/Off
Communicating With Your Instructor
Check Camera and Microphone Permissions in Settings
If you have a Windows computer
- Select Start/Windows icon in the bottom left corner
- Go to: Settings > Privacy > Camera or Microphone
- Under “Allow access to the camera on this device” select “Change” and make sure “Camera/Microphone access for this device” is turned on
- Do the same under “Allow apps access to your camera/microphone”
- Finally, do the same under “Allow desktop apps to access your camera/microphone”. This ensures that the Zoom app has permission to access your camera while you are using it
If you have a Mac
- Click on the “System Preferences” icon in the menu bar at the bottom of the screen
- Select the “Security & Privacy” icon
- Select the “Camera/Microphone” icon from the list
- Under “Allow the apps below to access your camera/microphone”, make sure that the blue tick is selected next to the Zoom app