Certified Data Centre Technician Professional (CDCTP®)
Ensuring zero downtime within the mission critical data centre environment involves employing highly competent and confident technicians who consistently demonstrate unrivalled technical knowledge and skills. High quality technicians are increasingly seen as a vital component to the smooth running of any data centre operation.
The five-day Certified Data Centre Technician Professional (CDCTP®) program is for individuals working within mission critical data centre facilities. It explores the wide range of subjects relevant to the data centre technician including a detailed breakdown of the data centre operating environments and the four key constraints to its operational effectiveness (power, cooling, IT and space), the necessary operational policies, procedures and compliance based on legislation, standards (national & international) and codes of conduct. During the program, learners will be provided a valuable opportunity to access the latest industry standards.
Certified technicians can foresee potential causes of failure honing an in-depth understanding of facility components and their operating parameters. In addition, technicians can identify, analyse, and remedy problems as they occur, quickly, decisively and accurately, avoiding potential high cost repairs and the risks associated with loss of service.
Following this program, you are encouraged to continue your professional development by advancing your knowledge and skills to gain further official certifications and qualifications by progressing through The Global Digital Infrastructure Education Framework which maps education programs to career advancement throughout the network infrastructure and data
The CDCTP® program is classroom-based and led by one of CNet’s expert Instructors and is also available via remote attendance.
Interest Free Payment Option Available for UK Residents
CNet Training now offer up to 12 months interest free payment options for those in the UK. Find out if you are eligible here.
This program has been specifically designed for individuals wishing to acquire skills of the highest calibre in order to carry out their technical data centre duties. CDCTP® certification is beneficial to personnel who contribute to the day-to-day smooth operation of the mission critical facility.
Experience of working within a data centre environment is essential. If you would like to discuss your experience or suitability for this program please contact us.
Learners are required to bring a webcam enabled laptop or suitable device with unrestricted wireless internet connectivity, the latest internet browser and suitable applications for reading/annotating PDFs and editing standard office documents.
CDCTP® certified individuals possess the knowledge, expertise and skills that are considered essential in
ensuring that a data centre facility is operated and maintained to the highest possible standards.
- Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 4 Professional Award Certified Data Centre Technician Professional
- Official Certified Data Centre Technician Professional (CDCTP®) certification
- Use of CDCTP post nominal letters after your name e.g. Martin Smith CDCTP
- Use of the official Certified Data Centre Technician Professional (CDCTP®) Digital Badge
- Use of the CDCTP® logo
- Continual Professional Development (CPDs)
- 5 IEEE Continual Education Units (CEUs)
CDCTP® Benefits for Individuals
- Understands all aspects of data centre operations including technical and physical constraints. Recognises the dependencies on other work streams, can plan work efficiently and avoid unnecessary delays
- Understands the benefits of carrying out physical inspections of data centre components as a matter of routine. Adopts a proactive attitude and can identify potential equipment failures before they occur
- Understands the need to adhere to codes, legislation and standards and is focused on first-time compliance, avoiding unnecessary rework
- Recognises the roles of others within the facility and can improve business processes through effective contribution to the right people and at the right level
CDCTP® Benefits for Businesses
- Have a technical team equipped with a broad knowledge data centre functions and operational processes enabling the business to function with optimum efficiency
- Significantly reduces the risk of failure by having knowledgeable and proactive technical staff capable of identifying signs of potential failure
- Having a technical team with a broad knowledge of codes, legislation and standards instils confidence that the data centre can operate effectively whilst consistently meeting legal and contractual obligations
- Develop a technical team that is cognisant of the roles of their peers and managers ensuring efficient and timely passage of accurate information and thereby increasing productivity
“The CDCTP® program was amazing from beginning to end. Made me a
better overall data centre technician.”
- Data Centre Technician
What are the topics of this program?
- Data Centre Fundamentals
- What is a data centre?
- Understanding the basic design requirements
- Availability and resilience measures and practices
- Codes and regulations
- National and international standards
- Industry guidelines and best practices
- Certification and accreditation
- The Physical Infrastructure
- The Four Key Environments (Power, Cooling, IT Connectivity & Space)
- Power infrastructure (Data Centre electrical distribution)
- Cooling infrastructure and Airflow Management
- Overview of different cooling system technologies
- IT Connectivity
- Active Network
- Equipment configuration
- Servers, software & services
- Storage infrastructure
- Data centre networks
- Distribution options
- Physical network
- IT Cabinets and frames
- Cable containment
- Data centre topologies
- Structured wiring
- Fibre optical cabling
- Relationship between white and grey space environments
- Physical security and access control
- Working in the Data Centre
- Safety considerations
- Risk Assessment and Method Statements
- Environmental health and safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Life safety systems (Fire detection and suppression)
- Task Preparation
- Understanding the operation structure
- Operational processes and procedures
- Move, Adds & Changes (MACs)
- Operational Measuring & Monitoring
- Asset management
- Management tools, administration
- Change management
- Data Centre Maintenance
- The need for maintenance
- Maintenance strategies
- Preventative maintenance
- Predictive maintenance
- Reliability centred maintenance
- Condition-based maintenance
- Power Maintenance
- Cooling Maintenance
- IT Connectivity Maintenance
There are a number of group and individual case studies throughout this program.
- Advanced Power
- Electrical Safety
- Power Infrastructure Systems (distribution path and components)
- Back-up Power Infrastructures
- Earthing and Bonding
- Measuring, Monitoring & Routine Checks
- Benchmarking and Data Centre Metrics
- Advanced Cooling
- Understanding the need for cooling
- Data Centre Cooling architectures and systems
- Air cooling
- Economiser modes
- Liquid cooling
- Chilled water plant
- Cooling towers
- Measuring, Monitoring and Routine checks
- HVAC efficiency and Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) relationship
There are a number of group and individual case studies throughout this program.
Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP®) – ideal for managers who are seeking to get a greater understanding of the data centre design concepts and principles.
Certified Data Centre Management Professional (CDCMP®) – ideal for senior engineers/technicians moving into the data centre management structure.
Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT®) – for individuals within the network cabling installation environment wishing to extend their hands on practical skills, knowledge, qualifications and certifications in relation to cable installation within different environments
Certified Network Infrastructure Design Professional (CNIDP®) – designed for telecommunications and data communications engineers with at least 5 years’ experience within the network cabling design and installation environment, and those wishing to extend their skills, knowledge, qualifications and certifications in relation to the planning and design of cable systems within different environments.