Certified Network Infrastructure Design Professional (CNIDP®)
Learn how to complete a detailed network infrastructure design project and deliver this to the market via an effective tender response.
The Certified Network Infrastructure Design Professional (CNIDP®) is a full and comprehensive program that equips network infrastructure professionals with the knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver complex infrastructure design projects from inception through to customer hand-over.
The importance of collaborative working with key stakeholders is also emphasised to ensure that the optimal internal and external network infrastructure solutions are delivered, offering flexibility and resilience across a wide range of services, ensuring that network performance is maximised to meet the customer’s specified Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
The core part of this program, the Certified Network Infrastructure Design (CNID®), explores the complex issues involved when designing whilst planning for both Inside Plant (ISP) and Outside Plant (OSP) network infrastructures. It examines the role of the designer and the multitude of disciplines required to deliver a multifaceted design to meet the customer requirements.
Students will benefit from understanding the design life cycle (from concept to design completion), including the analysis of the customer needs, the site survey process and the detailed structure of a final design document.
The professional part of this program, the Certified Network Infrastructure Design Professional (CNIDP®), is designed to significantly elevate the knowledge and skills of the student within the project delivery life cycle. The program explores the complex issues involved in completing a response to a Request for Quotation (RFQ) or Invitation to Tender (ITT).
Students will benefit from gaining an understanding of all aspects of the tendering process from RFQ/ITT through to Tender award, and will understand the importance of the bid evaluation process and appreciate the need for thorough, detailed and accurate submittals to the client’s project team.
Elements such as calculating accurate project delivery costs, creating a comprehensive implementation plan and handover criteria will be examined in detail and provide a thorough overview of all elements involved in producing a successful tender response document.
The CNIDP® also takes into account the requirements of BS EN, TIA and ISO standards. During the program students will also have access to current standards for reference purposes.
The CNIDP® program is classroom based and led by one of CNet Training’s expert instructors.
This program is designed for telecommunications and data communications engineers within the network cabling design and installation environment, and those wishing to extend their skills, knowledge, qualifications and certifications in relation to the planning and design of cable systems within different environments. Students will have sound knowledge of copper and fibre optic cabling infrastructure and awareness of networks, inside plant and outside plant. They will also have an understanding of how relevant standards are applied to design.
Interest Free Payment Option Available for UK Residents
CNet Training now offer up to 12 months interest free payment options for those in the UK. Find out if you are eligible here.
The Certified Network Infrastructure Design Professional (CNIDP®) training program is 8 days in duration, split into a 5 day core unit (CNID®) and a 3 day professional unit (CNIDP®).
To attend this program, 5 years of verifiable cabling installation and design awareness is necessary in addition to knowledge of the current cabling and networking standards. Relevant professional qualification(s) would be advantageous.
Successful students will gain in-depth knowledge and supporting skills to confidently deliver detailed design documentation and the process of evolving a customer Statement of Requirement (SOR) into an accurate and successful tender response document. Students gain an understanding of the importance of national and international standards and can confidently apply them to design projects. Students will also know how the tender document is processed and the assessment criteria involved.
You will also gain the following:
- Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 5 Professional Award
- Official Certified Network Infrastructure Data Professional (CNIDP®) certification
- Use of CNIDP post nominal letters after your name i.e. Martin Smith CNIDP
- Use of the CNIDP® logo
- Eligibility for an ECS (Electrotechnical Certification Scheme) Datacomms Design (CNIDP®) card (only available in the UK)
- Continual Professional Development (CPDs)
CNIDP® Benefits for Individuals
- Make effective design decisions based on detailed client requirements that demonstrates compliance with national and international standards
- Deliver detailed drawings that accurately depict network infrastructure components
- Generate a precise bill of materials detailing all infrastructure material detailing all infrastructure material requirements by type and quantity, including complex cost calculations
- Specify the requirements for project documentation in support of progression and closure
CNIDP® Benefits for Business
- A right-first-time approach that is technically accurate in all aspects
- Confidence that design decisions are clearly represented enabling the prospective client to assess technical compliance with the statement of requirements
- Costs are clearly and accurately communicated to the prospective client mitigating the risk of variations and change requests during implementation
“Excellent content. Qualification statement, BOM, RFI schedule all covered with great examples. Engaged all attendees with real life examples of how BOM, QS, RFI etc work. Great program, which met my expectations thoroughly.”
- Data Centre Manager – Aricent
What are the topics of this training program?
- Design Principles
- Assess requirements
- Information gathering
- Capacity planning
- Standards organisations
- Cabling standards
- Installation standards
- Electrical standards
- Network and application standards
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Spaces & Working Areas
- Building Entrance Facility (BEF)
- Main Equipment Room (MER)
- Building Distributor (BD)
- Floor Distributor (FD)
- Horizontal/work area distribution
- Site Survey
- Site survey process
- Greenfield and brownfield impacts
- Formulation of site survey report
- Cabling Sub-systems (ISP & OSP)
- OSP cabling
- Backbone cabling
- Horizontal cabling
- Network cabling
- Network Architecture
- Access Control
- Environmental management
- Fire alarms
- Pathways & Containment
- Cable distribution systems
- Raised access floor
- Confined spaces
- OSP cable duct systems
- Fire Stopping
- Types & specifications
- Mechanical and non-mechanical
- Regulations and testing
- Bonding & Earthing
- Protective Earth (PE)
- Equipotential bonding
- Electrical and UPS
- Test & Commission Specification
- Commissioning process
- Certification test methods
- Testing standards
- Understand the Design Process
- Roles of the design team
- Design stages
- Tools and traits for success
- Customer Requirements Assessment
- Conducting customer interviews
- Identfying key stakeholders
- Needs analysis
- Scope, plan and schedule
- ITT/RFQ Development
- RFP/RFQ objectives and structure
- Formulation of RFP/RFQ
- Scope review
- Bid submission
- Change management
- Bid Evaluations & Contract Negotiations
- Bid evaluation techniques
- Shortlist interviews
- Contract negotiations
- Contract award
- Project Execution
- Project delivery cycle
- Contractual and professional obligations
- Project scope and schedule
- Quality assurance/change management
- Installation and test sequences
- Communication plan
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Administration, Documentation & Plans
- Identification systems
- Test results and reports
- As-built documentation
- Handover process
- Warranty compliance
- Commissioning & Closure
- Commission and test sequence
- Test results and documentation
- Snag/punch list process
- Customer handover
- Customer training
- Project closure process
Throughout this program students will work on an individual campus based case study.