Masters Degree in Data Center Leadership and Management
The World’s Only Masters Degree in Data Center Leadership & Management
Join the global elite group of data centre professionals from IBM, Commscope, Schneider Electric, Time Warner Cable, Sudlows Limited, Unilever, Capital One, Digital Realty Trust, University of Melbourne to name a few.
Upcoming Program Commencement Dates
- 17 September 2018
data centers are complex facilities that are expected to deliver faultless service and financial results in a world of rapidly changing technologies, business pressures and environmental expectations.
In order to achieve this, data centers need highly capable leaders and managers – individuals who are capable of dealing with business complexity and technological change with the knowledge and skills to ensure their teams deliver against consistently challenging objectives.
The Masters Degree in Data Center Leadership and Management is a unique program, which has been designed in collaboration with the industry to advance data center professionals worldwide. No other program offers data center professionals this high level leadership and management education tailored to the data center sector.
The program harnesses CNet’s unique insight into data center operations and expertise in business leadership and management. Topics have been selected on the basis of feedback from the industry and data center professionals who are themselves involved with delivering the program alongside other hand-picked specialists. The program is based around the learners’ professional work in order to ensure that the learning is relevant and can be applied to the workplace.
Delivery of the program is through distance learning, meaning that learners can study at times that are convenient to them. They can also easily communicate with their tutors and each other wherever they are in the world.
“This global leading opportunity is a result of the combination of CNet Training, recognized as the global leader in data center training and education, and Anglia Ruskin University’s award-winning high-quality work-based learning. CNet is an Associate College of Anglia Ruskin University providing responsibly for full design and delivery of the program. The degree provides a unique education and personal development opportunity for those working within a data center to advance their knowledge to master degree level. Individuals can become part of the ultimate elite group of highly qualified data center professionals and the industry can benefit from the enhanced knowledge and expertise that will be channelled into it.”
– Andrew Stevens, CEO/Managing Director at CNet Training
“The masters degree is very challenging, but at the same time it is a rewarding experience that I am really enjoying. For anybody who wants to understand the importance and implications of effective leadership within this dynamic industry, I would thoroughly recommend it.”
– Senior Technical Manager, Commscope
“I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the amount of resources made available to distance learners. It’s the first course of this kind where I didn’t FEEL like a distance learner. The team do an incredible job of bridging the gap that typically exists in this type of relationship. The effort and passion of the Anglia Ruskin team shine through, giving the experience of a joint endeavor.”
– Jamie Fogal
“The Masters Degree in Data Center Leadership and Management distance course is well organized and thoughtfully prepared. The course is demanding and requires high level of self-discipline and persistence. In return, it offers deep insights in leadership, and inspires students to develop their leadership capabilities. It has been designed for the data center industry and is great value for emerging leaders and their organizations.”
– Mladen Loncar, Data Center Operations Manager, IBM”
This Masters Degree is suited to leaders and senior managers working in data center facilities wishing to form the elite group of worldwide data center professionals.
This program has been designed for people in leadership and management positions within data center facilities. CNet will consider all applications individually, taking into account each applicant’s experience and qualifications. We encourage you to apply if you:
- Work in a data center facility
- Experience: Have at least two years at middle or senior management level in a data center context
It would be advantageous if you have a first or second class degree from a UK university, or equivalent from an overseas university.
Those applicants for whom English is not a first language will be expected to demonstrate a certificated level of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
As a distance learning program, learners will need a computer and internet connection. The learning management system can be accessed via all the major operating systems for laptops, mobile phones, tablets etc.
The aim of this Degree is to unite the existing knowledge and skills of data center professionals with essential new learning centered around leadership and management within a data center environment and award a top level degree qualification.
You will also gain the following:
- Masters Degree in Data Center Leadership & Management – a level 7 qualification.
- Use of MA post nominal letters after your name e.g. Martin Smith MA
- Graduates of the Masters in Data Center Leadership and Management will be invited to a Degree graduation ceremony in Cambridge, UK
A Recognized and Respected University and Masters Degree Program
Anglia Ruskin University is an officially recognized University see – https://www.gov.uk/check-a-university-is-officially-recognised/recognised-bodies. All their courses are accredited to meet the standards expected of Bachelors and Masters degrees in the UK and Internationally. Plus, the Masters Degree in Data Center Leadership and Management was approved by an expert panel including specialists from the industry and UK universities.
Talk With The Tutor
If you have any specific queries about the Master Degree course you can now speak with one of the Tutors – simply email us to arrange a suitable date and time.
- Download Masters Degree in Data Centre Leadership and Management Program Info
- Download Masters Degree in Data Centre Leadership and Management Brochure
- Request a follow up
Masters Degree in Data Centre Leadership and Management Topics
- Data Center Leadership
- Evolution of leadership
- Complexity theory, dynamic organizational environments, strategic alignment in organizations, systems theory
- Emergent leadership theory in dynamic environments
- Internal business environment analysis and organizational dynamics
- Models of strategic analysis
- The role of leaders in fostering cultures of innovation, creativity and change capability in dynamic environments
- Change management
- Sustainable Design for High Capacity Data Centers
- Modular Data Center Design for reliability, scalability, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Management of “utility” operations like electricity, heating and cooling from a usage, efficiency and cost savings perspectives
- Environmental monitoring technologies
- Maximizing system utilisation for best efficiency
- Continuous commissioning
- Use of cloud technology to minimize the impact of data centers on the environment
- Finance for Decision Making
- Overview of the financial system
- Decision making and problem solving in theory and practice
- Financial objectives and strategies linked to general strategies and environmental circumstances
- Corporate governance issues
- Financial risk – types and copying mechanisms
- Relationship between financial risk and expected return
- Treasury management and control of working capital
- Investment appraisal
- Data Center Infrastructure Management, Security and Disaster Recovery
- Asset tracking (‘Cradle to Grave’)
- Change management
- Analysis of virtual/logical systems and how they interact with physical hardware
- Management & resilience high capacity storage in complex data centers (especially related to disaster recovery scenarios)
- Consolidation of resources/locations
- Optimizing physical infrastructure (including space management) to enable higher capacity
- Multi-layered monitoring
- Future strategic planning via modeling scenarios
- Physical security & data security
- Virtual digital security (especially in co-location environments)
- Identification of data center infrastructure risks and vulnerabilities, mitigation techniques and recovery policies
- Governance relating to data protection, safe harbour and other compliance regimes.
- Evaluation metrics
- HRM and Organizational Capability Development
- Managing human resources for optimal performance
- Organizational behaviour
- Developing and managing structures for continued capability growth
- Managing contractor arrangements and a contingent workforce
- Knowledge management
- Decision Making in Critical Services
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Sense-making and management behaviour during critical incidents
- Response to critical incidents and first response management
- Managing consequence
- Managing human responses during times of crisis
- Managing and evaluating service level agreements (or similar)
- Critical infrastructure asset management
- Contemporary Issues in Leadership and Management
- Leadership and CSR
- Technology advancements and implications
- Sustainability and environmental issues
- Globalization and offshoring
- Standards and quality management
- Other topics as identified by industry partners
- Research Methods & Post Graduate Major Project
- Intellectual and practical skills to frame, plan and deliver research
- Analysis and interpretation of data generated
- Bringing this into action through a major research project, based on your own interests and providing a culmination of your work on the Masters program.