Certified Network Cable Installer
Become part of the biggest change in the network infrastructure industry in many years… The CNCI® is shaping the future of the industry
The Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) program and certification is helping to shape the future of the network cabling infrastructure industry by introducing professional and industry recognised certification to cable installers. (Read views from the industry).
The CNCI® is designed for those wishing to demonstrate the highest levels of knowledge, skills and expertise in network cabling infrastructures. With a team of professionally trained and CNCI® certified individuals the risks are significantly reduced and organisations can feel confident that their staff are competent to meet today’s industry demands. Employing un-trained staff to work on critical projects poses a significant risk to your business. Employing professionally certified and qualified staff who you can rely on to deliver consistent results, significantly reduces that risk and offers an impressive Return On Investment (ROI) against the cost of the technical training.
The CNCI® offers the perfect solution for network cabling organisations to help ensure they continue to deliver quality of service and confidence to the market place, in addition to helping secure an organisation’s professional reputation.
The CNCI® program is comprehensive and blends a perfect mix of theoretical study and practical installation, testing and survey exercises providing the right level of knowledge and skills for both copper and fibre cable installation practices. Official CNCI® certification proves that an individual is qualified to undertake cable installation projects to the highest possible calibre whilst working to the current industry standards including BS EN, TIA and ISO, whilst following the latest codes of best practice. During the program learners will also have access to current standards for reference purposes.
In addition, major manufacturers endorse the certification knowing that it provides the right level of technical knowledge, competence and confidence to the industry whilst demonstrating capability and credibility. Many also recognise it towards their own product training.
This program is a must for individuals currently working within, or wishing to enter, the cable installation and infrastructure environments. Project managers, IT personnel, Installation Technicians, Network Engineers, Data Centre Technicians and electrical engineers would all benefit from attending the CNCI® program.
What does the certification mean to organisations?
For employers who have a team of certified individuals, it will instantly deliver confidence and competitive advantage to the market place, in addition to helping to secure the organisation’s professional reputation as a leader in its field. There is also a benefit of the ROI associated with having a team of professionally trained staff, as they work more competently, accurately and efficiently.
The CNCI® Program consists of 408 pages of rich technical content of learning and reference material.
The CNCI® program is perfect for individuals wishing to acquire the very latest skills and knowledge to enable them to complete both copper and fibre cable installation projects to the highest standards.
It is relevant to new entrants to the cabling industry in addition to those already working within the cable installation environment wishing to formalise their skills. Project managers, IT personnel, installation technicians, network engineers and electricians would all benefit from attending this program.
Interest Free Payment Option Available for UK Residents
CNet Training now offer up to 12 months interest free payment options for those in the UK. Find out if you are eligible here.
The Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) program is 10 days in duration, however it can be split into two units and taken separately:
Certified Network Cable Installer – Copper Cabling is a 5 day unit
Certified Network Cable Installer – Fibre Optic Cabling is a 5 day unit
No previous experience is required to attend this program, however if you are working in the network infrastructure industry, it will prove advantageous.
Successful learners will have the knowledge and skills to confidently install, test and certify a complete copper and fibre cable installation.
You will also gain the following:
- BTEC Level 3 Award Certified Network Cable Installer (Copper)
- BTEC Level 3 Award Certified Network Cable Installer (Optical Fibre)
- Offcial Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) certification
- Use of the CNCI® logo
- Use of CNCI post nominal letters after your name e.g. Martin Smith CNCI
- Eligibility for an ECS (Electrotechnical Certification Scheme) Datacomms Specialist CNCI® card (only available in the UK)
- Continual Professional Development (CPDs)
- 10 IEEE Continual Education Units (CEUs)
You will also benefit from:
- Having knowledge of, and are therefore qualified to work to the correct standards and best practices
- Building contacts with other like-minded industry professionals
- Utilising their Fluke Versiv™ CCTT certification
- Certification for the Excel System Installation program, eliminating the need for individuals to attend the 2-day Excel training course.
- Knowing they are leaders in network cabling and are therefore contributing to the changing face of the industry
CNCI® Benefits for Individuals
- Become one of the elite certified network cable installers in the country
- Demonstrate the highest levels of knowledge, skills and expertise in network infrastructure installation
- Plan individual tasks and materials required accurately and with confidence
- Install copper and fibre network cable infrastructure projects on time and within budget, maximising profit potential
CNCI® Benefits for Business
- Confidence that employees have a full and rounded knowledge in network infrastructure installation, improving competency and productivity
- Reduced time and material wastage – employees can carry out tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Delivering infrastructure installation projects to the highest quality standards resulting in increased client satisfaction and potential repeat business
- Meet contractual requirements reducing sign off and project hand over times
“The CNCI® program provides the perfect opportunity for us to get behind a recognised certification that provides the right level of technical knowledge and gives reassurance to customers. The feedback we have had from our staff that have attended the program has been excellent, even those with lots of experience have found the program challenging and rewarding.”
- Operations Director – Redstone Converged Solutions
What are the topics of this training program?
- Introduction to Structured Cabling
- Cable media types
- Network topologies
- LAN Hardware
- PC’s, switches, routers
- Installing Structured Cabling
- National and international standards
- Interpreting drawings
- Risk evaluation
- Working in containment routes
- Cable installation, cable termination
- Tool and equipment selection
- Network Overview
- What is a network?
- Characteristics of a network
- Resource sharing
- Signal Theory
- Electrical principals
- DC current principals
- Analogue v digital
- Health & Safety
- Workplace risk
- Electrical safety
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
- Why standards?
- Standards bodies BSI, ISO, CENELEC, TIA/EIA
- Relationships between standards
- Categories and classes
- Fire Stopping
- Why fire stop?
- Types of fire stopping
- Three pillars of fire stopping
- Documentation & Labelling
- Floor plans
- Naming conventions
- Testing & Commissioning
- Continuity testing
- Certification/acceptance testing
- Level IV testing
- Saving of results to database
- O&M manuals
- Patch cord manufacture
- Cable installation
- Termination techniques UTP/STP
- Patch panel/outlet termination, Cat 5e/Cat6
- Safely Working with Fibre/General safety
- LED, VCSEL, laser safety
- Fibre preparation hazards, disposal of sharps
- Hazardous substances
- OSP safety, pits, gas detection
- General safety
- Network Overview
- History of fibre
- What is a network?
- Benefits of a network
- Why a network?
- Cable construction
- LED, VCSEL, laser sources
- Switches, routers, media convertors
- Theory of Light Transmission
- Optical windows
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Media choice
- Choice of cable
- Installation practices
- 19” Splice tray
- Slack fibre management, protection, patch field
- Standards bodies ISO, CENELEC, TIA/EIA
- Application distances
- Connector types
- Density (SFF)
- Outside Plant (OSP)
- Fibre backbone in the LAN
- Media choice
- Fibre Splicing
- Fusion Splicer Setup and operation
- Singlemode programs
- Multimode programs
- Splicing in patch panels
- Fibre Termination
- Pigtail manufacture
- Techniques, cold cure, mechanical splice, fusion splice
- End-face inspection techniques
- Fluke CCTT (Fibre)
- Tier 1 fibre certification (CertiFiber® Pro)
- Tier 2 fibre certification (OptiFiber® Pro)
- Encircled Flux (EF)
- End Face Inspection
- Set a reference
- OTDR event types
- OptiFiber® Pro link testing
Certified Network Infrastructure Design Professional (CNIDP®) – designed for telecommunications and data communications engineers with at least 5 years’ experience within the network cabling design and installation environment, and those wishing to extend their skills, knowledge, qualifications and certifications in relation to the planning and design of cable systems within different environments.
Certified Data Centre Technician Professional (CDCTP®) – gain the expertise and skill that is essential in ensuring that the data centre is operated and maintained to the highest possible standards.
Certified Data Centre Design Professional (CDCDP®) – ideal for managers who are seeking to get a greater understanding of the data centre design concepts and principles.