Data Center Energy Practitioner (DCEP) Specialist
The DCEP is split into two programs:
- The Data Center Energy Practitioner (DCEP) – Generalist – 1 day
- The Data Center Energy Practitioner (DCEP) – Specialist – 2 days
A fully qualified practitioner who has successfully passed both the Generalist and Specialist programs will:
- Be qualified to identify and evaluate energy efficiency opportunities in data centers
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of DOE’s DC Pro software tool suite
- Address energy opportunities in electrical systems, air management, HVAC, IT equipment, and on-site generation
- Meet academic/work experience requirements (prequalifications)
- Receive training on conducting data center assessments
- Be required to pass an exam and be requalified every 3 years
Student ProfileThe program has been developed for individuals wishing to gain the skills needed to perform accurate energy assessments in data centers.
|Level||Prequalification (Certificate Track)||Training (Both Tracks)||Exam/Test (Certificate Track)|
|2: HVAC Specialist In depth knowledge in HVAC||Level 1 training||2 day training including DC Pro Assessment Air Management Tool and a Case Stud||3-hour open book exam/testWaiting period of 30 days to retake exam if failed, 2 free retests|
Program OverviewEnergy efficiency is one of the major factors associated with the effective management of data centers and owners, operators and users are under increasing pressure to reduce the amount of energy they consume. The key objective of the Data Center Energy Practitioner (DCEP) program is to accelerate energy savings and is driven by the fact that significant knowledge, training, and skills are required to perform accurate energy assessments. Becoming a qualified practitioner enables an individual to provide a consistency of approach and have credibility in their recommendations.
What will students get out of it?The Level 2 Practitioners (Specialists) can address energy opportunities using one or several of the in-depth DC Pro System Assessment Tools.
Program Structure:The Level 2 Practitioners (Specialists) can address energy opportunities using one or several of the in-depth DC Pro System Assessment Tools.
Student RequirementsThere is an element of pre-learning to be completed prior to the program, we will provide access codes to this two weeks prior to program commencement. Students are required to bring a laptop to the program with wireless internet connectivity.
Post CompletionSuccessful students gain Data Center Energy Practitioner (DCEP) – Specialist certification
- View Program Dates
- Email: email@example.com
- UK Telephone: +44 (0)1284 767100
- US Telephone: +1 302-561-6228
Data Center Energy Practitioner (DCEP) Specialist at a glance
This one-day program is intended for high-level practitioners and provides a broad overview of the four main data center disciplines: IT equipment, air management, electrical systems and cooling. Participants will also be introduced to the DC Pro suite of software.
- Environmental requirements: recommended and allowable ranges
- Advanced airflow & temperature management
- DOE DEC Pro air-management tool introduction and overview
- Air handlers and air conditioning best practices
- Liquid cooling options, configurations and best practices
- Optimizing energy usage in chilled water plants and best practices
- Cooling system data gathering, monitoring and control
- On-site assessment planning and measurement
- Modeling data center HVAC systems
- Calculating annual energy and energy cost savings
- Level 1 training
Qualifications / Certification Achieved
- Data Center Energy Practitioner (DCEP) certification
- Data Center Energy Practitioner (DCEP) Generalist
- Certified Data Centre Design Professional – CDCDP™
- Certified Data Centre Management Professional – CDCMP™
- Certified Data Centre Energy Professional – CDCEP™
- Certified Data Centre Technician Professional – CDCTP™
- Certified Telecommunications Project Management – CTPM™