Electrotechnical Certification Scheme – ECS
The ECS card now replaces the CSCS card for the datacomms industry. It is now compulsory on almost all UK construction sites that all datacomms workers hold a valid ECS card.
Successful completion of the Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) provides two BTEC Level 3 Awards:
- Level 3 BTEC Advanced Award in Data Communications Cable Installation (Copper) – T7861
- Level 3 BTEC Advanced Award in Data Communications Cable Installation (Fibre Optic) – T7860
These certifications and qualifications provide eligibility for an ECS (Electrotechnical Certification Scheme) Datacomms card.
To apply for your ECS Datacomms card, please visit the ECS website here.
Card Types (only available in the UK):
- Datacomms Specialist (CNCI®)
- Datacomms Technician (CNIT®)
- Datacomms Manager (CTPM®)
- Datacomms Designer (CNIDP®)
Read more about the ECS card.