What is the CNCI®?
The Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) is the must-have certification for all those working within the sector and is endorsed by many of the sector’s major organisations
Born out of close collaboration with the sector and CNet Training’s experience and expertise, the CNCI® is the first official certification designed specifically for the network cabling sector.
It’s a ten day program that is dedicated to providing cable installers with everything they need to confidently and accurately prepare, install, test and certify copper and fibre cabling systems, specifically for those wishing to demonstrate the highest levels of knowledge, skills and expertise in network infrastructure.
Blending a perfect mix of theoretical study and practical exercises the CNCI® certifies individuals’ ability to work to the correct cabling standards and follow the recommended codes of practice when undertaking cable installation projects.
CNCI® Benefits at a Glance
The ten day CNCI® certification proves the quality of an individual’s copper and fibre cable installation workmanship and demonstrates the highest level of knowledge, skills and expertise. Successful individuals can also:
- Be confident that they hold the official CNCI® certification
- Use the official CNCI® logo
- Use the CNCI post nominal letters after their name
- Have knowledge of, and are therefore qualified to work to the correct standards and best practices
- Be eligible for an Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Datacomms Specialist card – required to allow you to carry out work on-site
- Build contacts with other like-minded industry professionals
- Provides certification for, or counts towards, many of the manufacturers own certification programs
- Know they are leaders in network cabling and are therefore contributing to the changing face of the industry
For employers who have a team of certified individuals, the benefits are strong
- Instantly delivers confidence and competitive advantage to the market place
- Helps to secure the organisation’s professional reputation as a leader in its field
- Gain a return on investment associated with sustainable employment, as you benefit from a team of professionally trained staff working more competently, accurately and efficiently.
- Reduces the time needed to attend different manufacturer’s training programs.
The CNCI® certification also demonstrates a commitment to life-long learning and offers an ideal portal to ensure knowledge and skills remain current and up-to-date.
As with any certification received from CNet Training, the CNCI® requires re-certifying every three years. CNet Training has designed and developed a simple on-line re-certification process. This is cost effective for CNCI® individuals, costing just £95 every three years, and utilises an easily accessible Learning Management System (LMS).
The LMS allows individuals to log on and undertake the re-certification at a convenient time and place for them. The process provides new learning with tests at the end of each module, and access to the very latest program material.
Re-certification is a proven process that CNet Training has utilised across the entire Global Digital Infrastructure Education Framework with programs such as the Certified Network Infrastructure Design Professional (CNIDP®), the Certified Data Centre Technician Professional (CDCTP®) right through to the advanced Certified Data Centre Energy Professional (CDCEP®).
Contact us to get involved today.